Pamela Sampel, OblSB, is a writer, spiritual director, retreat facilitator, and a visionary individual and leader who recognizes a “bigger and more complex picture” in people, organizations, and the world. She’s an innovative thinker and an intuitive observer with a curious heart who demonstrates a rare leadership combination of vulnerability and strength.
Described often as a clear communicator with a natural wisdom, Pamela has over 25 years of successful experience in health care, public television and the technology worlds in business helping individuals and organizations to create passionate and purposeful lives. She’s able to inspire, motivate, and lead both her self and others to higher purposes, calls, and actions.
Currently, Pamela works with individuals in the following ways:
- Spiritual Direction/Spiritual Coaching
- Emotional Intelligence Coaching: Strengthening EQ Through Practice, Using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to develop your EQ
- Career/Work Coaching: What are your passion and strengths? How do you pursue a job in a field you desire? How do you navigate the “HR Gauntlet?” How do you explore other career/job choices?
- Teaching collaborative leadership practices using The Circle Way™
- Coaching/Mentoring HR Leaders
- Teaching at Western Washington University’s (WWU) Poulsbo campus in the College of Business & Economics
- Retreat Development and Facilitation
- Writing Instruction–using the Gateless Writing Methodology.
Working with Pamela, people feel appreciated, heard, meaningfully involved, and supported in ways that allow critical conversations and actions that create outstanding results. Interesting in working with me? Send an email to me firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pamela’s purpose is to meet people wherever they are and help them drop completely within themselves to remember who they are, what best serves them, what they want, and who they deeply dream to be.
Pamela has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Iowa and a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Washington. Along the way, she’s been certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by the Human Resources Certification Institute, a Society for Human Resources Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), a career coach, an MBTI trainer, a Circle Way practitioner, and a leadership coach (Hudson Institute of Coaching.) Pamela’s spiritual direction training was at the Hesychia School of Spiritual Direction at the Redemptorist Renewal Center in Tucson, Arizona.
A progressive Catholic, a Benedictine Oblate at St. Placid Priory in Lacey, Washington, and a Sister of Belle Coeur, Pamela welcomes all individuals to work with her and especially opens her heart and door to the LGBTQ communities.
Pamela describes herself as a “voracious reader, an active writer with an insatiable curiosity, and a woman who laughs often and heartily.” She loves to pursue her passionate and diverse interests in writing, monasticism, motorcycling, mysticism, birding, reading, photography, spiritual development, singing and shamanic practices.
Pamela lives with her partner in Port Townsend, Washington on the shores of the Salish Sea.